Adopting a new member into your family can be complex and difficult. Many families who want to adopt end up foregoing the process because it can be difficult, emotional, and long. Adoption attorney Robert Katzenstein wants to help you focus on your family while he and his team take care of the complex legal matters relating to the adoption process. Hiring a family lawyer rather than embarking on this process alone can help expedite the journey and ensure the most successful outcomes. To begin the adoption process with the help of an attorney, contact us online or call us at (215) 322-3400 and schedule a consultation at our Holland, PA, office.
Every state has its own unique set of rules and regulations surrounding adoption. In order to be eligible for adoption in the state of Pennsylvania, you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Attend parent preparation classes
- Submit the appropriate background checks for household members aged 18 and over
- Receive a physical evaluation from your doctor
- Complete home safety evaluations
- Return the designated character references
- Meet the residency requirements set by the state
Additionally, prospective parents can be of any marital status and can either rent or own their home. Mr. Katzenstein can make sure that the appropriate documentation is filed in a timely, professional manner.
As a professional yet compassionate attorney, Mr. Katzenstein understands the needs of those trying to adopt.
What to Expect during the Process
Mr. Katzenstein can help you with two types of adoptions: private and legal. A private adoption allows you to complete the adoption process outside of an agency setting. Meanwhile, a legal adoption allows a stepparent or other family member to legally adopt a child from the birth parents. During both types of adoption, Mr. Katzenstein can help:
- Complete the Termination of Biological Parents Rights
- Compose agreements between you and the birth parents
- File the appropriate petitions
- Provide referrals for home studies and safety evaluations
- Complete applications and clearances
- Obtain the new birth certificate for your child
- Present your case to a judge during your final hearing
Why Hire a Lawyer?
A family lawyer will understand the state laws surrounding adoption and can anticipate problems which may arise during an adoption. By creating legal documents which protect your rights, a lawyer can help reduce the risk of complications during the adoption and after your final hearing.
Call Us Today
Mr. Katzenstein has been practicing family law for over four decades. As a professional yet compassionate attorney, he understands the needs of those trying to adopt. You do not have to feel alone during this process. A lawyer can empower you with information and guidance, allowing you to focus on your growing family. To learn more about how Mr. Katzenstein can help you during the adoption process, call our office at (215) 322-3400 or send us an online message and book a consultation.